Pandemic Parenting: 5 Ways to Keep Kids Learning
- Connect with the teacher to see what their learning goals are and ways to make connections with the curriculum at home.
- For younger kids, ask about their favorite classroom centers for some insight into their interests and passions. And talk to your school-age child about their easiest and hardest subjects, then brainstorm how to make the hard stuff more fun.
- Use their passions and strengths to give them extra support and motivation.
- Schedule time for some hands-on activities together that will serve as a mental health check-in.
- Give yourself—and your child—a break when you need it.
By working together and creating a support system at home and at school, children can work to overcome learning loss while increasing their confidence.
Learn more about KinderCare’s Parent Confidence Report and our findings here.