5 Ways to Support Your Child’s Mental Health Now
- Try to stay consistent with your routine and talk with your kids when changes need to be made.
- Practice social and emotional skills at home and also virtually to deal with social distancing.
- Prioritize self-care for yourself and know you don’t have to hold it together all the time.
- Focus on resilience as a family by practicing gratitude, deep breathing, and spending time together.
- If you need help to manage your child’s stress, reach out to their pediatrician, school counselor, or medical professional.
This makes it a great time to teach kids how to manage stress in healthy ways. According to Manager of Inclusion Services, Taunya Banta, it all comes down to consistency and connection. Check out Taunya’s top five tips to help support your child’s mental health, then watch this video to hear her talk about they can thrive now and throughout their life.
1. Make A Consistent Routine