How to Curb Biting Behaviors
Methods to curb biting behaviors
- “Teeth Are Not for Biting” by Elizabeth Verdick
- “No Biting!” by Karen Katz (Check out this free activity guide based on the book!)
- Offer foods that are varied in texture.
- Play with playdough or putty.
- Create sensory bags. Just use any size Ziplock bag filled with paint, hair gel, soap, or anything children can squish and manipulate. Be sure to double bag and tape it closed with packing tape for an extra precaution.
- Create sensory bins. Fill a large plastic container fill with a small amount of soapy water, sand, or oatmeal. Add their favorite toys or use measuring cups for them to scoop and play.