Learning About Family Commitments for 3-Year-Olds and Up
- Be as specific as you can be. The whole goal here is to get on the same page.
- Convey the expected behavior. When kids know what exactly they should do, it makes what they shouldn’t do clearer.
- Stay positive. And stay mindful of unnecessary withdrawals.
Examples of effective family commitments
- I keep my body safe by not jumping on my bed.
- I am kind by taking turns with my sibling.
- Clean-up time
- I am a helper by putting my toys away.
- I am kind by helping my sibling with their toys even if I didn’t play with them.