Crafty Homemade Cards: Full of Fun & Love
Never mind the chocolates—to the diamonds, say pshaw. No Valentine’s Day gift beats a handmade card from a child. Melt hearts with this surprisingly simple cut-and-paste craft project: Little fingers paste ribbons on paper willy-nilly, and then a cutout overlay pulls it all together.
What You Will Need:
- Colorful construction paper or card stock
- Colorful ribbons or washi tape
1. With your child, cut short pieces of ribbon, or help him to do it if he’s not yet able to handle scissors on his own.
2. Fold a piece of construction paper in half to form a card and let your child glue pieces of ribbon on the face of the card. To create the overlay frame, simply cut a heart shape from another sheet of paper. You can use a template to create a perfect heart...or just free-form it.
3. Glue the cutout over the ribbons on the card. Let the glue dry before filling the card with your child’s sweet messages for family and friends.