It's Gourd-geous! A Fall Centerpiece Made for Sensory Play
What You Will Need:
- A small basket (wicker is nice) or child-friendly bowl.
- A variety of small natural objects like colorful leaves, pinecones, dried corn, gourds, mini-pumpkins, chestnuts, etc.
- Spread out all your natural objects on a table so that your child can see them.
- Invite your child to load up the basket or bowl with any or all of the fall goodies. He’s welcome to take his time and handle each object before he adds it. Chat with him about what the objects look or feel like, how they look or feel different from each other, where they came from, etc.
- Display the finished centerpiece on a low table so that your child can return to explore the textures and colors whenever he feels like it.