Rock the House! DIY Musical Instruments for Your Little Jam Band
Boy bands, pop stars, super groups, feh! Everyone knows the house band is the best. Using items from around your house, you can create the rocking-est version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" you’ve ever heard.
All you need is a little creativity, some recycled materials, and a love for fun!
- Plastic eggs
- Plastic spoons
- Rice or dried beans
- Washi tape or duct tape
- Fill the eggs with beans.
- Cradle the egg between the two plastic spoons.
- Wrap tape around the egg and spoon to hold them together.
- Wrap tape around the handle of the spoons.
- Markers or crayons
- Rubber bands
- Shallow boxes or box lids in a variety of sizes
- Things to decorate the strummers
- Decorate your strummers.
- Wrap several rubber bands around each strummer.
Tin Can Bongos
- Balloons in various colors (don't use the tiny size, they won't fit on the can)
- Duct tape
- Large-size tin cans or coffee cans (make sure they have no sharp edges!)
- Cut the neck off of a balloon until you can stretch it over top of the open can.
- Choose a balloon in another color and do the same on the second balloon.
- Cut small holes or slits in the second balloon and stretch it over the first.
- Wrap tape around the base of the balloons to secure them in place.