Tips to Help Kids Be Friendly Without Being Friends
- Model kindness and respect for your child, both at home to one another and to others when you’re out in your community.
- Point out when your kiddo shows kindness and name it for them.
- Play cooperative board games as a family.
- Practice sharing with our KinderCare Hack.
- Acknowledge and name feelings to recognize them and implement strategies to navigate them.
- Share with your child that all feelings are valid, but that there are ways to express negative and hard feelings without being unkind.
- Show safe ways for your child to express themselves in the moment without harming others physically or verbally.