Honoring Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans
- Get creative and make art with your infant or toddler inspired by Sikh-American graffiti artist, Nisha Sembi.
- Read books to your preschooler that show the culture, beauty, and strength of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans.
- Plant flowers, fruits, and veggies with your school-age child in honor of the work done by Samoan biologist, Amy Maslen-Miller.
- “Eyes That Kiss in the Corners,” is a celebration of diversity written by Taiwanese Chinese American children's book author, Joanna Ho. This book invites you to find beauty in your uniqueness.
- “The Fearless Flights of Hazek Ying,” tells the incredible story of the first Chinese American woman to fly in the US military. Author Julie Leung brings this ground-breaking person to life, inspiring children to challenge barriers and reach for the sky.
- “Superheroes Are Everywhere,” explores the life of author and Vice President, Kamala Harris. Featuring art by Mechal Renee Roe, it shows kids that the power to make the world a better place is inside all of us.