Let’s get back to baseline—and beyond!
We couldn’t be happier to welcome families back to our centers! It’s been a long break for many of us, and we’re eager to see the children and get back into learning routines.
NEW for Families: Learning Journey Profiles
- Complete a simple developmental profile form when you join or return.
- Share what knowledge, skills, and interests your child is currently demonstrating.
- Teachers will use the information to create individualized learning plans that meet the unique needs and interests of your child.
So much has happened over the last few months—we all have a little rebuilding to do! Our teachers and staff are here to support your family as children get back into the groove of learning and socializing. Our approach to welcoming children into our centers is built upon our existing curricular program and enhanced with new layers of support.
Make sure they’re ready
- Additional literacy and numeracy experiences to help with school readiness and learning loss
- Creative, project-based learning to keep curriculum experiences fresh and fun
Nurture their social and emotional skills
- Rebuilding children’s relationships with teachers and friends
- Remembering routines and practicing socialization skills
- Creating a sense of security and belonging
- Supporting problem solving, self-regulation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Finding opportunities to process experiences and share feelings together
- Encouraging the expression of emotions and asking for help to get needs met
- Relearning academic and social independence without consistent family supervision
- Practicing skills that build flexibility and resilience after experiencing isolation from peers and a heightened emotional climate
Reconnect to their community
- Working together on a project that helps give back to our local community
- Engaging in a collective effort that builds understanding
- Bonding with teachers and classmates through service to others
Our goal now (and forever) is to prioritize safety first, inspire a love of learning, and build confidence for life!