KinderCare Centers - What's the difference?
KinderCare Learning Centers offer the nation’s leading early childhood education and school-age distance learning programs for working families.
Champions’ programs for out-of-school times offer care and distance learning support for school-age children from professional teachers throughout the year.
BENEFITS SUMMARY - What do I qualify for?
Save 10% on full-time, part-time, and drop-in tuition for children ages six weeks to 12 years at our 1,500+ child care centers or 450+ before- and after-school sites nationwide. Proof of employment or enrollment at UW is required. This offer is available to new families as well as those already enrolled in a participating center.
Our enriching before- and after-school programs give kids a safe place to exercise their brains – and their bodies – while having fun. Provide your kids a supportive place to make friends and explore their world. Save 10% on tuition at Champions Before- and After-School Programs, available at participating schools in the Central Kitsap, Federal Way, Kent, Northshore, and Tacoma school districts.
Back-up Care from UW helps families ensure that their loved ones are cared for when their regular care arrangements are not available for any reason, whether holiday closures, sick caregivers, or other unexpected circumstances. Register today so you're ready to request care when and where you need it.
When creating an account, make sure to choose "University of Washington" from the "Employer/Affiliation" drop-down menu, and enter your UW ID number in the "Employee ID" field. The "Company Code" field can be left blank. Backup Care reservations are made on a space-available basis, so please request care as soon as you know you'll need it. At least 24 hours' notice is recommended, but reservations may be requested up to a month in advance. Space is especially limited at Downtown Seattle KinderCare and Northgate KinderCare.
faculty, staff, and students seeking full-time or part-time enrollment for their children receive priority at Trashers Corner KinderCare, Northgate KinderCare, Harbour Point KinderCare, Yarrow Bay KinderCare, Woodinville KinderCare, and South Seattle KinderCare when seeking full-time or part-time enrollment.
GETTING STARTED - How do I use my KinderCare benefits?
Tuition Discount Guide
- Search for a center or site that is near you using the Search box above.
- Schedule a tour of the center or site online or by phone with the center information provided.
- When you enroll (or if you're already enrolled), let your Center Director know you are affiliated with UW and that you are eligible for a 10% tuition benefit.
- Your Center Director will apply the discount on your next billing cycle.
Back-up Care Guide
- Visit https://backupcare.kindercare.com/ and create a profile.
- After your profile is created, you’ll register your dependents, of any age, who you need back-up care for.
- You can make Back-up Care reservations up to 30 days in advance.
Priority Access allows UW faculty, staff, and students to enroll ahead of other community families at the locations listed above. If there is not space available at the time you wish to enroll, you may be put on a waitlist. When space becomes available, families will be invited to enroll in the following order:
- Families with currently enrolled children transitioning into the next age group and/or their siblings
- UW faculty, staff, and students
- All other community families