SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: On Custer Road just north of Spring Creek Pkwy
NEIGHBORHOOD: Closest to HW 75, or Central. Legacy Drive is Cross St Spring Creek parkway
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Anderson,Carlisle, Hedgcoxe, Rasor,Thomas, Christie, Davis, Hughston
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to North Custer KinderCare. We recently received our re-accreditation from the National Accreditation Commission. This will be our fifth time to be accreditated and we are so excited! In case you were wondering what accreditation stands for, it means the center has gone through a rigorous self study and provides the highest quality care. At our center you will find a tenured staff with a love for teaching your children. Our staff has over 250 years of caring for children. What an accomplishment! From our infant rooms to our after school program, each teacher is well trained and excited to come to work every day. Our classroom arrangement and curriculum is designed and written by a team of Early Childhood Education specialists at our corporate office. In fact, the Infant, Toddler, and Discovery Preschool curriculums have been updated and we began teaching on September 8, 2014 and we would love for your child to join us. At KinderCare we believe children learn through play and small group curriculum activities. We also believe in teaching the whole child intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally. Each day we strive to prepare your child for Kindergarten and beyond by teaching age appropriate activities in math, phonics, science, reading, art and many others. We would love to show you our center and introduce you to our staff when you come in for a tour and look forward to meeting you!
- Kathy Kirby, Center Director