KinderCare centers provide a variety of healthy meals and snacks.
Our menu, planned by a registered dietitian, provides wholesome meals and satisfying snacks that meet federal and state requirements and guidelines established by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). We also work with food manufacturers to create appropriate portion sizes and nutritional ingredients for children.
Servings and Nutrition for Children at KinderCare Centers
- Meals and snacks include a variety of food groups including meat and meat alternatives, bread and grains, fruits, vegetables and fluid milk.
- Meals and snacks include carbohydrates, proteins and fat to give children energy, while maintaining total calories within recommended ranges specific to a child’s age group and level of activity.
- Meals and snacks have limited added sugar and sodium and increased dietary fiber.
- On average over a school week we aim to not exceed 35 percent of total calories from fat, 10 percent calories from saturated fat and minimal grams trans-fat.
Allergens & Adaptations
If your child has a special nutritional need or requires an adaptation to our menu, we will work with your family to create a plan that adequately meets your child’s needs.
Please alert your local day care center if your child has a known allergy or nutrition need.
A Sample Day's Menu at KinderCare
Menus are grouped by ages:
- Infants and toddlers age 2 and under
- Children ages 3 to 5
- School-age children (age 5+ through 12 years)
Menus change two times each year:
- Fall/Winter (October - March)
- Spring/Summer (April - September)
Sample Breakfast Items
- English Muffin
- Apple Slices
- Scrambled Eggs
- Whole-grain Oatmeal
- Toasty O's
- Mixed Berries
Sample Lunch Items
- Turkey Chili
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Green Beans
- Fruit Mix
- Whole-grain Fish Sticks
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Fresh Zucchini & Corn
Sample PM Snack
- Carrot & Celery Sticks
- Sun Butter