SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: behind Burger King
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Barbara Bush, Powell, Sally K Ride, David, Glenlock, Mitchell intermediate, Collins, Vista.
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to The Woodlands KinderCare Learning Center conveniently located at the intersection of Research Forest and Gosling in the heart of The Woodlands. We are in close proximity to Aon Hewitt, Anadarko, Baker Hughes, Exxon Mobil, Memorial Hermann and St. Luke’s. We are thrilled that you have stopped by our web page and we would love to meet you and your family! Everything in our center is designed for learning. We truly believe in developing the whole child and our dedicated teachers would love to foster your child's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. We go above and beyond to ensure that your child is given the tools for success in school and beyond. Here at The Woodlands KinderCare, we are truly a family! Your participation and involvement are important to us. Your child will not only have a safe, secure, and stimulating learning environment, but they will also have support from a team of professionals who are sincerely passionate about education. We encourage you to call or stop by our center any time and check out all the amazing things we are doing in our classrooms and beyond.
- Jennifer Davis, Center Director