SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: Off Rte. 83 in Mundelein Meadows Plaza by Aldi.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Mundelein Meadows Plaza
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Lincoln, Mechanics Grove, Washington, Fremont, Spencer Loomis, May Whitney, Cotton Creek, and Robert Crown
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to Mundelein Meadows KinderCare serving families in the Mundelein, Hawthorn Woods, and Lake Zurich communities. We offer an amazing curriculum and educational tools for each age group to support learning and development. Our preschool curriculum works in alignment with our local schools to ensure kindergarten readiness for every child. Private, full-day Kindergarten is also available highlighting small class size, and meeting national and state standards. Before and After School Program is offered throughout the school year, while our Summer Camp program for ages preschool and up provide perfect solutions for families who need care during school break. For a full listing of schools that we transport, please see our Map and Directions tab. At our school, we have exceptional, long term teachers who are passionate about teaching and caring for children. It is very important to all of us at KinderCare to encourage strong family and community involvement through: Open Houses, Parent Events, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Curriculum Nights, and Special Programs designed for children. We are proudly accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 2004. Please visit the accreditation tab below to view more information on high quality programs. We hope to see you soon!
- Jessica Hall, Center Director