SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: "Off Rte 29 and Johns Hopkins Rd." across from Verizon Wireless
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Hammond, Fulton, Gorman Crossing, Laural Woods, Bowman Bridge, Forest Ridge
*ONLY TRANSPORT AGE 5 and UP*
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to Laurel Knowledge Beginnings. We understand that your children are the most important and precious things in your life, which is the reason to our staff being committed to providing all of our families with the highest quality in early childhood education. We have been serving children and families since 1989. We are NAEYC accredited and pride ourselves in following the criteria guidelines set forth by both NAEYC and our parent company, Knowledge Universe. We believe in developing your child's educational foundation through enrichment activities tthat will further their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth. Our family oriented center provides a warm, nurturing atmosphere for the children. We look forward to serving your family in the future.
- Gena Fitzgibbon, Center Director