SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: "Off Higgins Road. On Jones Road"
NEIGHBORHOOD: Hoffman Estates
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Armstrong, Churchill, Ender-Salk, Lakeview, MacArthur, John Muir, Hoover
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to the Jones Road KinderCare in Hoffman Estates! We know that finding a great fit in childcare is a big decision for parents. We would like to invite you to visit our center and meet our KinderCare family to discuss how we can be a part in your child's development. Our school offers researched-based curriculum that is designed to prepare your child for a successful school experience. Our teacher's aim to develop your child socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually Your child will explore their environment and discover a love of learning.
- Pamela Mullen, Center Director
Furthermore, our center has cemented a partnership within the community. We are very lucky to be in a family-friendly community that supports children and their development in their educational experience. Our KinderCare also offers a variety of methods for compensation toward tuition payments. Our Kindergarten program offers an all day curriculum experience or a half day program that works with the school district schedule. For the convience of our families, we also bus to and from the public schools in the surrounding area.
Whether you are looking for a loving environment for your new baby or an after school program for your school aged child, we are hoping that you choose to become part of our family. We are excited to meet you and your child! Come tour today!