February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
KinderCare can make a positive difference in your child’s life. Our Teachers and staff are dedicated to quality care for children. Our School educates and cares for children six weeks to twelve years of age. Our warm, inviting atmosphere features year round half and full-day programs, ranging from two to five days a week Monday through Friday. KinderCare also offers a fun high quality, after school enrichment and summer program for children up to twelve years of age. Our outdoor playgrounds are designed to build muscles and confidence, all under the direct supervision of our highly qualified teachers. Hillsboro KinderCare Provides tender loving care to our smallest students In the Infant Program, as we guide them through new experiences in physical, cognitive, and social development provided through activities from our Early Foundations Curriculum. The Toddler years take us though those first steps to the independent two year old year. Our talented teaching staff balances the challenges of building relationships, first words, and self help skills, while continuing to introduce children to the world through our specially designed curriculum. The Discovery Preschool program introduces two year old children to their independence. At this stage children are making new discoveries daily as they explore their surroundings. Our Early Foundations Discovery Preschool program supports the development and growth of these curious two’s In our Preschool programs our teachers help build the children’s self esteem while enhancing their confidence by providing activities to help them become problem solvers and lifelong learners. While our Prekindergarten program is designed to get your child ready for the next big step of Kindergarten, through small group instruction and independent play. Hillsboro KinderCare also offers the Catch the Wave program for your School Age child. This program is available with transportation before and after school and when the public schools are not in session. Your school age child will be engaged with age appropriate activities and experiences. Our school’s programs are renowned for quality and professional care that will carry with your child far beyond their early years.
- Deborah Watson, Center Director