SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: across from Chantilly High School next to Chantilly Library
NEIGHBORHOOD: Chantilly, Fair Lakes, Greenbriar area.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Brookfield, Greenbriar East and West, Poplar Tree, Lees Corner, Navy, Collin Powell
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to the Chantilly KinderCare. We are very excited to meet with you and your family. Our center believes in developing the whole child by creating a comfortable, yet challenging atmosphere that promotes your child's development at any age. We focus on enrichment through social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Marian Stiffler, Center Director
Here at Chantilly KinderCare, your child will not only have a safe, secure, and stimulating environment to learn in, but will have the support from a team who have a true passion for education and nurturing children. Our parents consider us an extension of their family, and we know you will too. We’d love to give you a glimpse into our fun filled learning environments, give us a call today!