SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: Across from East Cary Middle School Next Door to Merriwood Apt.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Reedy Creek, Northwood, Briarcliff, Dillard Elem/Middle, Cary, Adams, Cardinal Charter and Weatherstone
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to KinderCare at Cary Towne! We are located in Cary, North Carolina on Maynard Road with access to I 40 East and West. Our center provides quality childcare to children beginning at the age of six weeks and continuing to twelve years. Our center is 5 star licensed by the Division of Child Development and NAC Accredited. Accreditation is awarded to centers who consistently perform above minimum childcare licensing requirements, and we take great pride in offering outstanding childcare to the families we serve. We have six classrooms, allowing us to meet the needs of the children in our care through quality curriculum that is designed to focus on what we do best: helping your child learn through play. Our curriculum is carefully thought out and planned through our Education Department to allow both teacher directed and child directed activities throughout the day. Our center provides well balanced nutritional meals daily. We have a four week rotating menu, providing a variety of healthy meals to the children. We serve breakfast, lunch, and two afternoon snacks. We have two large playgrounds, all fenced with an easement between the center and surrounding neighborhood. Each playground is designed and developmentally appropriate to encourage large motor development and outdoor play. We welcome you to come see for yourself, and hope to see you soon!
- Danielle Hayes-Countee, Center Director