SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: Knollwood Drive and Army Trail Rd. Behind the Red Lobster
NEIGHBORHOOD: Behind Red Lobster Army Trail & Knollwood
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Western Trails, Roy De Shane, Cloverdale, St. Isidore, Erikson,
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to Stratford KinderCare in Bloomingdale where our main focus is your child! We work hard every day to make you feel comfortable leaving your most prized possession in our hands. Your child's growth is important to us. Our educated teachers use our curriculum and training to provide the best care to your child. Not only do we provide an excellent preschool and prekindergarten curriculum, but we also provide lots of time for fun social interaction in our infant, toddler, and discovery preschool programs. You will love our huge playground and so will your child. Each classroom has specific learning areas to help your child learn independence and social skills such as Dramatic Play, Science, Math, and Art. Be prepared to have your child come home with left over paint under their nails as we encourage the children to use their imagination in process art. Please come in for a tour to see all the exceptional fun activities happen right in front of your eyes.
- Nicole Tessler, Center Director