SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: Corner of Big Bend and Ries Road across from West Springs Church and Oak Brook Elem
NEIGHBORHOOD: Located in Ballwin between Castlewood Park, Ferris Park, and New Ballwin Park
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Transport to several schools in both the Parkway and Rockwood School Districts including: Oak Brook, Sorrento Springs, Wren Hollow, Hanna Woods, Fairway, Ridge Meadows, Ballwin, and Woerther.
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
Welcome to Ballwin KinderCare! We are proud to be one of the Nationally Accreddited KinderCare Learning Centers in Missouri, as all of the KinderCare Centers in Missouri are 100% Accredited. We are conveniently located at the corner of Big Bend and Ries Rd in West St. Louis County. We are fortunate to be in the heart of the Ballwin community, surrounded by several parks and elementary schools. With fun activities that promote family involvement and community service, as well as high quality care and education, our families take great pride in being a part of the KinderCare family.
- Keith Sherry, Center Director
Each teacher at KinderCare is passionate about providing the highest quality Early Childhood Educational programs and curriculum. Our teachers are committed to creating a love of learning that will last a lifetime and each child is provided with an individualized learning plan to prepare your child for success in school and beyond. We even have the 2014 Knowledge Universe Educator of the Year, Ms. Lori R., teaching at our center. We believe in developing the whole child, providing a balanced approach to learning in a fun and engaging environment, your child will develop socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. We pride ourselves on leading the way in Early Childhood Education, we are very proud to be the first in the industry to implement the Common Core Standards initiative.
Finding the right place and the right people for your child’s education and care is a big decision, we welcome you to come in and experience a clean, safe, fun, and structured atmosphere. Please contact us to schedule your visit; we look forward to meeting your family and introducing you to ours.