SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: "South of Palatine Rd. north of Euclid." across from Thomas Jr. High
NEIGHBORHOOD: Arlington Heights, Prospect Heights, Wheeling
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BUSED TO: Olive, Greenbrier, Ivy Hill, Patton, Westgate, Eisenhower, and Windsor
February 5, 2015
You may have heard about measles in the news recently. We want you to know about the actions we are taking in our centers and sites in response to the recent measles outbreak to help ensure the health and safety of our children, our families and our communities. We are always working to create the healthiest and safest environment possible in our centers and sites.
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent the spread of measles and other illnesses in our centers and sites:
- We are requiring all staff working with children under the age of 15 months to be vaccinated because those children cannot receive the vaccination.
- We are also limiting access to the rooms with infants and unvaccinated one year olds to parents or other adults dropping off or picking up an infant and immunized caregivers and field management personnel.
- We are collecting records of vaccination against measles for all our staff.
- We ask that you provide us with any updated vaccination records that are not already part of our records.
- As always, we are going to be vigilant about enforcing our policy of excluding sick children from our care. We ask that you join us in that effort by keeping your child out of the center when he or she is exhibiting symptoms with a fever until the fever resolves without medication.
- Also, we will continue to reinforce proper hand washing with our children, as that is often the best defense against the spread of disease.
The CDC has created a fact sheet on measles that we’ve attached to this letter and has additional information about measles, including information on current outbreaks, on the web at www.cdc.gov/measles
. We are also in contact with the CDC, Health & Human Services and local Health Departments to keep on top of the issue everywhere we operate.
Again, providing a healthy and safe environment for your child is our number one priority. We are happy to answer your questions about our standard cleaning procedures and other ways we address contagious illnesses, as well as to answer questions you may have about how we’re addressing this risk. We will also continue to keep you informed of any pertinent news. By working together, we can help ensure your child’s good health and well-being.
Vice President, Center Operations
Open Photo Gallery
We are a Nationally Accredited Preschool Program through NAEYC whose goals revolve around providing excellent care for children by supporting their growth and education. We work with each and every family to maintain individualized care that focuses on the whole child. Our school provides Preschool for children ages two to five and offer small group, tutorial classes in phonics, math, cooking and music. We also have a Full Day Private Kindergarten Program, as well as providing wrap around care for the local schools; Olive, Patton, Westgate, Windsor, Ivy Hill, Riley and Eisenhower Elementary School. We take pride in serving Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove and Prospect Heights. We also have a fun filled Summer Camp Program for ages two to twelve years of age, with a pool for kids from four to twelve years of age can swim. We also offer swim lessons separately from the every day swimming.
- Jackie Pericolosi, Center Director
Thank you for visiting our school web page. If you have any additional questions, or would like to schedule a tour please do not hesitate to contact us here at 847.255.7335 or by direct email at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you and your family soon!