SoyNut Butter Caterpillars
Allergic food reactions, particularly peanut allergy, are on the rise, according to The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network. Peanut allergy causes an estimated 15,000
emergency room visits each year. To ensure safety for the health of all children enrolled at our centers, most centers are now “Peanut Free”. Try this tasty recipe at home to introduce your family to a healthy peanut butter alternative.
- SoyNut Butter
- Plastic knives
- Pretzel sticks broken in half
- Raisins (optional)
- Peel and slice bananas into medium size chunks.
- Use SoyNut Butter to glue chunks together in a line.
- Place two pretzel stick halves in top front end for antennae.
- Using SoyNut Butter as "glue," add raisins to front for eyes (optional).
Stacy Lofton, MS, RD
Knowledge Learning Corporation