Golden Apple Oatmeal
1 cup Apple, diced and peeled (about 1 medium apple)
2/3 cup Water
2/3 cup 100% Apple Juice (unsweetened)
1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
½ tsp Nutmeg
2/3 cup Oatmeal (quick, uncooked)
Toppings: Vanilla Yogurt, Apple Slices, Raisins
- Combine apples, juice, water and spices; bring to a boil.
- Stir in oatmeal; Return to a gentle boil and cook for 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Cover and let stand for several minutes before serving.
Yield: 2 cups
Use leftover oatmeal for Pluto Parfaits. Simply place cooked oatmeal into bottom of parfait cup or bowl. Alternate layers of yogurt, granola and sliced apples and raisins and ENJOY!
Banana Bread Oatmeal
3 cups Low Fat Milk
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
¾ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
¼ tsp Nutmeg
2 cups Oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 Bananas (medium-sized), mashed (approx. 1 cup)
Toppings: Vanilla Yogurt, Bananas Slices
- In medium saucepan, bring milk, brown sugar and spices to gentle boil; stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook one minute for quick oats and five minutes for old-fashioned oats or until most liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove oatmeal from heat. Stir in mashed bananas and serve. Top with yogurt and sliced bananas, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Use leftover oatmeal for Pluto Parfaits. Simply place cooked oatmeal into bottom of parfait cup or bowl. Alternate layers of yogurt, granola and sliced bananas and ENJOY!