1 Baked Pie Shell (9 inch)
1 Cup Vegetables*, chopped (cooked and drained)
*Mushrooms are great (but other vegetables may include zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers or onions)
½ Cup Shredded Cheese
3 Eggs (beaten)
1 Cup Milk
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Shred the cheese and place in small bowl for now.
3. Chop the vegetables until you have 1 cup of chopped vegetables.
4. Cook the vegetables until they are cooked, but still crisp.
5. Put the cooked vegetables and shredded cheese into a pie shell.
6. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
7. Pour the egg mix over the cheese and vegetables
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Let the quiche cool for 5 minutes before serving
How to get the kids involved!
-Have the kids chop the vegetables (with a plastic knife)
-Have the kids beat the eggs
-Have the kids combine the ingredients in the bowl and pour into pie shell