Do your children’s teachers know how much they mean to your family? We’re always busy, so it’s easy to take our teachers for granted. Teachers inspire, care for, love and educate our children. They help us ensure that our kids will learn everything they need to grow into successful, happy and confident adults. We trust them with the most precious people in our lives. It’s time to say thanks: Teacher Appreciation Week is here!
During the week of May 6-12, we’re celebrating our inspiring, passionate, amazing and wonderful teachers. Here are a few easy ways you and your children can thank your teachers this week:
- Give art work made by children
- Personalize a card for each teacher from parents listing all the reasons their teacher is inspiring
- Arrange to provide lunch to the teachers one day during the week
- Give homemade cookies or other treats to your child’s teachers
- Ask your Center Director how they are planning to recognize teachers; they usually have great plans in the works
Ask your Center Director if there are restrictions on potential allergens at your school (e.g. flowers, foods made with peanuts). Small gifts are always appreciated – but it’s really what you say that counts the most. Teachers love to hear that they’re making a difference in kids’ lives and that families are grateful for their hard work and dedication.
What are you planning to do for Teacher Appreciation Week? Share your ideas in the comments or on our Facebook and Twitter communities.