Are you bored with your snack time routine? Crackers and milk got you down? Looking for a more creative way to use peanut butter? Have you been craving insect-themed foods?
Our Registered Dietitian, Carly Dunn, says that her banana caterpillar snack was a huge hit when she helped host “bring your child to work” day at the office. I’m going to try it out with my daughter this weekend. Share your favorite whimsical food idea in the comments!
- Peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- Cut up bananas into small pieces
- Spread peanut butter on cut sides of banana pieces and arrange in a “caterpillar” shape
- Add grape for the “head” and pretzels for “antennae”
Involve your child:
- Ask your child to help pick out fruit in the grocery store
- Have your child help cut the fruit (with a plastic knife)
- Assemble the caterpillar together