- Never bribe your child to eat; keep food neutral.
- Keep mealtime positive.
- Talk positively about food. “Milk tastes yummy and it will make your bones and teeth grow strong.”
For Your Child:
- Have quiet time prior to meals to prevent a “hyper” table.
- Allow kids to dish-up themselves (safely); this is called family style dining.
- Turn off the TV to decrease distractions.
For The Food:
- Offer foods in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Have your child participate in meal prep; kids are more apt to eat food that they helped to prepare.
- Remember, a food must be served 8-10 times before a “picky” eater will eat that food in an acceptable portion.