From Carly, KinderCare’s Registered Dietitian
Here are some fun apple facts…
- There are 2,500 varieties of apples grown in the United States
- Apples are grown in all of the continental states.
- Apples are fat, sodium, & cholesterol free.(Preschoolers love them too!)
- One apple has 5 grams of fiber (Did you know that 2/3 of the fiber is in the apple peel?)
- The science of apple growing is called Pomology
- It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce only one apple
- Apples are a good source of Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene.